• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck Accident?

iffwalleyes

Question

A few weeks ago I was involved in an accident where a semi truck hit my pick up. My pick up is a 2002 silverado. I caused about $7000 of damage to it as a result. My question is does anyone know what the value of the damage has to be before it flags(scares) my title? I have heard several things from 40% of the value, and anything from $2000-8000. I figure there must be someone else that has went through this that can help.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com

4 answers to this question

Sorry to hear about your accident. I manage a Body Shop and usually it is the age of the vehicle that decides if the damages are over the threshold. Being your truck is newer the damages would have to be over 70% for it to be a total loss. Your insurance company should explain everything to you. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Corey Bechtold

I believe MN salvage laws have recently changed. I bought a car with minimal damage ($3000 on a $12,000 car) a couple years ago and it had a salvage title.
A guy in the salvage business later confirmed the experience I had with my car too.

However I'm not in the insurance or salvage business so better to check with someone more in the know.

I was told today by my body shop man that it was $8000 or 40% of the car value. That is for here in ND where I am at.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
iffwalleyes at yahoo.com