• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Marine Battery?

Trailblazin

Question

What are some of the best places in the Twin Cities to buy marine batteries? I've bought them from a big box store before, but am looking for someone who specializes in such products. I need a new starter battery and was wondering what options I have.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

BradB, I've had EXTREMLY good luck with the Trojan Deep cycle battery. If you drop me an e-mail, I'll send you to your local Trojan dealer. e-mail is; fredndeb(at)newulmtel(dot)net.
Thr batteries I use are 2-12 volt group 27 deepcycle and 6-6v golf cart batteries. The 6 volt batteries I just replaced, they were 1 month short of 13 years old and the 2-12 volts are 6years+ and going strong. I'd have to say I've got my moneys' worth. [This message has been edited by Phred52 (edited 07-26-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Phred52 (edited 07-26-2004).]

Fellas,

I looked up the Trojan and searched for local availability, and lo and behold, Batteries Plus is listed. I'm looking for a starting battery, that also runs sonar, bilge, lights, phone, etc. Would the Trojan work for that?

I'll have a look at the other as well. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

What are some of the best places in the Twin Cities to buy marine batteries? I've bought them from a big box store before, but am looking for someone who specializes in such products. I need a new starter battery and was wondering what options I have.

Thanks

Trojans are great batteries - a little heavy though. If you do not mind the extra weight - go with it! Personally, my next batteries will either be Trojans or the Optima batteries. I like the fact these batteries will not spill/leak and there is no maintenance. May have to go on my XMas List!

If you are on a budget - get the Northern Battery!