• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beating a dead horse

MNice

Question

I'm considering a 14' wc lund. What I REALLY want is a 14 Or 16 deep & wide. The deal on the wc may be to good to pass up. Please give me some pros/cons to help me decide. Also, I do not plans on using this on big waters as mile lacs, leech, etc.

Thanks, Jeff

[This message has been edited by MNice (edited 07-21-2004).]

3 answers to this question

I have a 16.5 foot lund rebel, it's not very deep, and it's not very wide, it works good I'd say 90% of the time, boat traffic get a bit annoying, since you get rocked pretty good, ( nto very wide, although it's weight probably helps that a bit) but I do like that there are shallower ramps around where I fish, and I can get in there without worry when it shallow because my boat sits so shallow. It's deep enough for me, I'd like wider, I don't have second thoughts on the boat it works good for me 90% of the time, and the price was all I was willing to spend at the time, but it will get replaced someday in the next three years (with a bigger and wider boat). How often you fish with other people and how many should be a big consideration too, a 14' boat isn't going to be great for 3 people, but do able. Deals come and go, just make sure you're happy with the boat you buy, If I could've payed less money for my boat, I'd still only be happy with it 90% of the time. Money is well spent on making sure you ride is comfortable, and fishable. All this being said I was beat around a bit a leech, but there were smaller boats out there, and they were catching fish too.

I second Trailblazins advice-and get the biggest motor you can afford, as well. You will find the extra H.P. will come in handy more than once.... Good Luck.