Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnsonator

Best Boat Depth Finder???

10 posts in this topic

I am about to buy a new depthfinder for my boat this year. Just wondering what everybody thinks is a very good unit for the money. I like the new eagles and lorances. Any replies appreciated.

I am looking to spend between 250 and 400. What do you think of Garmin they kind of caught my eye.

Last spring i bought a lowrance X75 for our boat, i have fished 1 year with it but really like it. if i am correct i think lowrance also makes the eagle line. they are very user frendly, what ever you decide to go with I would recommend you get the speed & temp option. lookin at the new cabelas catalog it seems lowrance & eagle have introduced a new line of depth finders for this year. Look for the highest number of pixels & the higher watts that you can afford. good fishin ricbak

I think if you can afford it the x-15 from Lawrance is about the best unit you can buy I have one and love it. If its abit more than you want to spend then maybe look at the x-91 from lowrance another good unit just not as many pixels.The pixels and the watts are you want to look for,and Lowrance has been a proven dependable outfit for years.good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail boser@grandrapidsmn.com

If you fish alot you should consider GPS!! It opens a whole new world!! Plotter lines to tell you where you trolled, ability to pull up on small spots without looking for them. I have had an Lowrance LMS 350 for five years and am buying an X-15MT this spring. The X-15MT has the most power and definition of any depth finder out there!!!
(i.e. Watts and Pixels) It's spendy $969.00 but you'll have the best and you'll own it for years!!!

Keep your eyes & ears open...there will be a bunch of people upgrading their Lowrance units to the new models this year. I just bought a 1 year old X-85 with speed/temp for $250.
FLB

I have a Garmin and am quite happy with it.It has a little more power than the X85/X91 the same amount of pixels and is 150 bucks cheaper than the X91.I have seen X85's on clearance at Gander Mountain.