• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund and Smoker Craft

18 inch Crappie

Question

Sold my old ski boat, now looking for a new fishing boat. Lund Pro Sport 1700 and the Smoker Craft Pro Angler, both nice boats, the lund has a new IPS hull, and I am sure rides great and has great resale. The Smoker has bait well, lights and a way better looking dash with lighted switches. Question does anyone have either of these boats? Or a newer style of either boat?

7 answers to this question

Check out the hull thickness between the two.
And hull width and depth!
I have a Pro-V with the IPS hull that rides great!
Don't know about the Smoker Craft other than the fact that people buy them when they can't afford a Lund! grin.gif

I have a 2000 17' Pro Sport. The ride is typical Lund - very smooth. I looked at the Smokers before buying and they seemed heavy and not quite up to par in design compared to the Lund. I'm sure there are some happy Smokercraft owners out there but I know you won't regret buying the Lund.

I think if you look at the Lund's closer you will be able to find what you are looking for. The dash layout is a personal preference but there are several Lunds that have a baitwell.

Same story here. A guy that I work with bought a SmokerCraft, and liked it, until he drove a friends Lund. I believe that the Smoker (at least the model that he had) has a flatter deadrise at the stern, which allows it to get up on plane easier, but also gives it a rougher ride.

One of my fishing buddies had a smokercraft and his next boat was a Lund. You do the math. He said the Smokercraft was an OK boat but they seemed to skimp on items.

Seems like most of you guys are talking about the past and older models. The SmokerCraft you are referring to is a nice boat. It is also a new model. Most people will agree that Lund is tough to beat when it comes to fit and finish and the IPS is also nice. However, in my opinion Lund has not done enough when it comes to boat layout as some of the other manufactures recently. There are a few boat manufacturers out there right now making some darn good boats. This SmokerCraft is one of them. Also, check out G3, Mirrocraft Aggressor EXP. I'll bet you will begin to see more and more of these "second tier" boats on the water real soon.

I know the G3 is a nice boat. I couldnt get a dealer to work with me in my area. The guys I know that have them like them. Basically just like a Alumacraft and comes with a Yamaha. I think Yamaha is the $ behind these boats and a ex Alumacraft guy is designing for G# now.
Go Lund over Smokercraft though.