Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
18 inch Crappie

Lund and Smoker Craft

Sold my old ski boat, now looking for a new fishing boat. Lund Pro Sport 1700 and the Smoker Craft Pro Angler, both nice boats, the lund has a new IPS hull, and I am sure rides great and has great resale. The Smoker has bait well, lights and a way better looking dash with lighted switches. Question does anyone have either of these boats? Or a newer style of either boat?

Check out the hull thickness between the two.
And hull width and depth!
I have a Pro-V with the IPS hull that rides great!
Don't know about the Smoker Craft other than the fact that people buy them when they can't afford a Lund! grin.gif

I have a 2000 17' Pro Sport. The ride is typical Lund - very smooth. I looked at the Smokers before buying and they seemed heavy and not quite up to par in design compared to the Lund. I'm sure there are some happy Smokercraft owners out there but I know you won't regret buying the Lund.

I think if you look at the Lund's closer you will be able to find what you are looking for. The dash layout is a personal preference but there are several Lunds that have a baitwell.

Same story here. A guy that I work with bought a SmokerCraft, and liked it, until he drove a friends Lund. I believe that the Smoker (at least the model that he had) has a flatter deadrise at the stern, which allows it to get up on plane easier, but also gives it a rougher ride.

One of my fishing buddies had a smokercraft and his next boat was a Lund. You do the math. He said the Smokercraft was an OK boat but they seemed to skimp on items.

Seems like most of you guys are talking about the past and older models. The SmokerCraft you are referring to is a nice boat. It is also a new model. Most people will agree that Lund is tough to beat when it comes to fit and finish and the IPS is also nice. However, in my opinion Lund has not done enough when it comes to boat layout as some of the other manufactures recently. There are a few boat manufacturers out there right now making some darn good boats. This SmokerCraft is one of them. Also, check out G3, Mirrocraft Aggressor EXP. I'll bet you will begin to see more and more of these "second tier" boats on the water real soon.

I know the G3 is a nice boat. I couldnt get a dealer to work with me in my area. The guys I know that have them like them. Basically just like a Alumacraft and comes with a Yamaha. I think Yamaha is the $ behind these boats and a ex Alumacraft guy is designing for G# now.
Go Lund over Smokercraft though.