• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice augers

Question

Fishstunner,
Did Strikemaster replace the broken handles at no charge for you? The reason I ask is because last year at the St.Paul ice fishing show I saw the new plastics handles on the Strikemasters and asked the reps. at Strikemaster about the quality of these handles. They told me that I had nothing to worry about and that the plastic handles were tested in below freezing conditions and would last a very long time. Well, this past weekend, I went up to LOW and after I broke through the ice, the water came up with the slush and froze the drill in the hole. Well, long painful story short, I yanked on it to try and pry it loose and broke the plastic handle. This sucked because the drill was still stuck and I had a broken handle. So basically we fished with 2 holes on the same spot. This was brand new at the beginning of this season. I don't know about you guys but I don't know how much I like these plastic handles.

Ya I think they did. Just as long as it is under warranty, you can get a new one at no cost.
I not 100% positive on this; my dad took it in and i think he said it was free. But I think if you just tell them what happened they will give you a new one.
These plastic handles are the worst thing on the lazer. I broke 2 of them this season. O well, just have to be more careful I guess.

------------------
It was just a SWAG!

Just think guys if you went with a Jiffy your handles wouldn't have broke and you wouldn't have had to fish with only 2 holes. From the time they came out with the plastic handles I wasn't empressed. I saw new one in a store with busted handles. Brand new and it was broken. Come on you don't save that much weight with those handles. As far as the comment that they are all the same because the run the same motor that just isn't true. Yes the motors are the same BUT they run different gear boxes and different ratios. Jiffy 1:12 fastest, Strikemaster 1:25 slower ratio, and then the eskimos I am not sure how fast their's is but it is slower than the other two. Just cause the ratio is faster on a Jiffy doesn't me it is necessarly faster though. Also the Jiffy drill in a counter clockwise direction were eskimos and Strikemaster spin in clockwise. Something to remember if you are pieceing an auger together. I say this only cause earlier this winter I haved to drill some holes for a couple kids that were trying to do that. They had a eskimo power head with a jiffy bit and they couldn't figure why they weren't getting anywhere. Stick with jiffy you don't see as many posting on this webpage complaining about jiffy's as you do strikemaster. I understand that Strikemaster has good customer service but after all isn't that the last think someone who spends $300 on a new piece of equipment should have to worry about. I own 1 piece of strikemaster equipment and it is a polar vison the problems that little thing has I pretty sure it will be the last custormer service has been good with it thought sent it in and got a brand new one that doesn't work right. Oh well as long as your happy with what you guys got that is the important thing.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWALLEYES