• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Fish Gypsies"

fisherking01

I do beleive this site is loaded with "Fish Gypsies". You know the type, the ones that will congregate, travel, congregate, travel... Kinda like the gypsies except there are no wagon tracks and popcorn sacks when the fish gypsies head down the road.

On the order of you might be a redneck...

You might be a "Fish gypsie" if; grin.gif

Your motel receipts from fishing trips are more than your honeymoon was!

You annually need new tires on your boat trailer!

So what do you got???

-If your Otter Lodge never leaves the back of your truck except to fish out of it. grin.gif

-If you have a spud bar, Hi-Lift jack, chain, and 2X blocking under the backseat of your pickup for working with your permanent shack. grin.gif

-If you have over a 1/2 dozen road pass tags hanging from your rear view mirror from Roger's Campground on Upper Red Lake grin.gif

-If your ice shack battery is better than the battery under the hood of your pickup! grin.gif

This weekend my wife was icefishing with me.

One of the bows came off my sunglasses because a screw fell out. She tells me to dig in her purse and find a safety pin for a temporary fix until we get home.

I never did find a safety pin, but she had a spring bobber in there. Gotta love 'er.

Quote:

You have a $30,000 boat

behind a $30,000 truck

parked in front of your $30,000 home.

You have been by my house then huh. I always tell people I spend more time in my truck than my house should it should be worth more should it?

Quote:

If:

You pack your truck at the beginning of the season and it stays that way until the end of the current season. You then spend two days unpacking and repacking for the new season.
smile.gif

I thought that I was the only one that does that! grin.gif

If you store your wallet and extra car and house keys in your boat you may be a gypsy. If you refer to your boat as "her" you may be a gypsy. If you boat cost more then you truck and your boat and truck cost more then your house, you may be a gypsy. If the pizza kid makes delivers to your boat in the back yard rather then the front door, you may be a gypsy. If you can remember the purchase dates of your boats but not the birthdays of your kids, you may be a gypsy. If you tell your wife you are cheating on her with another woman so you can go fishing, you may be a gypsy. If FM is on your desktop, you may be a gypsy. And finally if you have no problem adding more of these you may be a gypsy grin.gif

Quote:

If you refer to your boat as "her" you may be a gypsy. If you tell your wife you are cheating on her with another woman so you can go fishing, you may be a gypsy.

My wife refers to my boat as "your mistress" shocked.gif

Does that qualify confused.gif

If you're shopping for insurance on your new truck and the first questions you ask is ...

Quote:

"Will this policy cover recovery/repair/reconditioning if I drop my truck in the lake by rolling down the boat ramp and/or if I break through while driving on the ice?"

... then you're definitely a member of this highly regarded demographic group.

you might be a musky gypsie if you take your lunch break at lake harriet throwing bucktails.

you might be a musky gypsie if you tow your boat to work everyday cause it takes to long to stop at home on your way to tonka

you might be a musky gypsie if you spend four days straight fishing on the big v. from 5 am till midnight and then on your way home decide to stop at tonka for the night bite

if you can call a resort and make reservations for a cabin or iceshack without having to provide them with nothing more than your FM screen name

(I actually did that last week) When I asked if he wanted a phone # or anything; he just said "No. If I need to get hold of you, I'll just post you a message in the Red Lake forum. I know you check it every day anyhow".

Quote:

If:

You pack your truck at the beginning of the season and it stays that way until the end of the current season. You then spend two days unpacking and repacking for the new season.
smile.gif

Another one to add to the above. If your garage gets cleaned/rearranged twice a year: 1. Open Water 2. Ice Fishing.

You may be a gypsy if your tackle boxes out number your yard tools and your rods and reels out number your garden tools, by a lot.

MJ

I guess Im guilty, I hard water fish,hit the border lakes and river for pre opener walleyes think about fishing constantly to the point Ive been asked is that all you think about? [Like you young bucks think about sxx]And to take it further I also paint them on canvas and carve them!Its great to finally have a diagnosis for this affliction, Hope there is no cure!!!!

If someone at a lake asks "What's your handle on FM.com?" and you immediately know how to answer.

Someone else on this site deserves credit for sharing this quote but if you agree with the following statement:

"It's better to sit in your boat and think about God than to sit in church and think about fishing."

You keep a "special" do not touch can in the fridge, you may be a gypsy. Your flasher costs more than all the dinners you take your wife/girl out in a year, you might be gypsy. You have more ice fishing lures than your wife/girl has ear rings, you might be a gypsy. You take sick days for ice fishing, you might be a gypsy.

Quote:

You have more ice fishing lures than your wife/girl has ear rings, you might be a gypsy.

Especially if that's because you took a bunch of her earrings to make some experimental lures.

If you sleep in your boat at the landing just to be the first on the lake for opener....

If your fishing electronics cost more than the computer your in front of right now.....

If you only know 3 seasons.....Ice Fishing, Open Water, and Boat Show.....

If your version of fresh fish was alive 20 minutes ago....

If you thought about ditching out of your brothers wedding to go fishing....

If the waves are never to big....

If its never too cold....

If you have ever contimplated "fishing" for waterskier's....

If the word Whitecap brings back exciting memories....

If you can fix a fishing rod with just a rubberband and some hot glue....

If you own more rods and reels that kitchen utensils....

If you registered for your wedding at Cabelas.....

If you have done more than one of these.....