Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TUMBLEWEED

HELP!! XL 3000 Auger Problems

5 posts in this topic

Picked up one on closeout last spring. Used
it a couple times,following the "double oil"
for break-in.No problems at all...Now this year, I've had to keep pushing the primer
button to keep it going.Already went through the carb,and could't find any blockages.Any
one else had this problem with the XL???
Oh yeah, the cap leaks like nobodys business
too. I'm begining to think its a big piece of you know what!!!! Any help out there??? :0

If you have not done it yet, pour out the old gas and replace it with a fresh batch.
And then clean the carb again, I have been in the motor business a long time, and see more problems with gas every year. If it stays in there for more than about 30 days, odds are you will have a problem.

If this does not help I'll trade you my Mora hand auger even-up, it runs perfect!

GOOD LUCK
"THE GRUMP"

Yep, Already did that before taking the carb off!!

Got a hold of someone up there at Big Lake,at the service dept. Told him the kind I had,and even before the problem was explained to him,he was telling me about pumping the primer button would keep her running.Turns out, they had to comply with the FEDS in
the emissions department.They ended up sending the units out,emissions okay,but
not exactly running at peak performance.
Mine will now be "adjusted" to fit MY
own standards of performance.

Not a big surprise I guess, had to do the same for my suburban for the vehicle emission
Bullhooey too. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Tumbleweed, how do you plan on adjusting it? I'm curious as mine is kind of doggy and was thinking of tweaking it a bit. Can you adjust the carb by turning the red knobs under the carb? Thanks.

I know you guys don't want to hear it, but I've found that those strikemaster three horses are nothin but trouble. I'm good buds with guys at strikemaster in big lake. If you were to take them in and ask to have them tweaked up a little theyd tell you theres not much they can do. New EPA regulations make it impossible for strikemaster to use all that 3 horse power. Older models were able to be adjusted but the newer ones have the new EPA standards. The only thing you are doing when you mess with those red carb screws is adjusting the air and fuel intake. You can only tweak your machine so much before its runnin to lean. If you live close to big lake, you should head down to strikemaster and have them adjust it. They won't charge you, and they're really down to earth good guys. They'll take care of you. They may even hook you up with a trade in on a new two horse. Moral of the story is....you're better off without it. I know, they used to be great machines, but the new standards screwed that up. Those strikemaster augers will run, but not like how people want them to. Go try out one the 2 horses. You'll love it. Sorry for the bad info, but somebodys got to say something