• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter "Ice Sheild" Auger Guard

Dr. Bob

Question

Has anyone else tried one of these yet? I bought one a couple of weeks ago in Duluth - (noone carries them around here). I just took it out of the box last night and all it is is a cylinder with a handle on it to put over your drill. There is nothing in there to actually attach it to the auger. I used a bungie cord but that will not hold it on straight. I am sure I can figure something out but I am wondering if something was missing out of the box? Anybody know?

I am sure it will work great to protect the rest of my gear while traveling in the Otter sled and fish house I am going to buy.

thanks in advance,

Dr. Bob

2 answers to this question

Doc,
No bungee cord comes with the Ice Shield. It's made for protecting your canvas, or the interior of a Suburban type vehicle, from getting cut by the auger blade. The auger stays in good when you carry the unit by the Ice Shield handle.

[Note: This message has been edited by Rick]

Thanks,

I was just wondering. The small picture of the unit on the box shows it on an auger and there looks like there is something attaching it to the auger ( and holding it square on the auger). Also you would think they would supply you with a means of securing it to the auger to keep it from vibrating off in transport. I think the thing is a great idea but can use some improvement. I guess I'll have to customize it a little.

Dr. Bob