• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heres one of my personal bests this year. I was really catching fish, right and left, bobber went down, I set the hook didnt feel anything, so left my line down, was puzzled as to why the constant bite suddenly went dead, pulled my line up to check bait and here he was:

cf981e43.jpg

you can sort of make out my glove/fingers in the backround of the pic,to help determine his actual size by far one of the smallest fish I have ever caught

I went back through several of my photos and couldn't come up with any pics of nice gills from SoDak. I've caught several growing up, but I guess I never really though of them as picture worthy. I certainly do now and with my digital camera I take pictures of just about everything I catch. I've got a pile of nice gill pics that I've recently caught in MN, but nothing from SoDak. Sorry!

Ty,

I'm thinking I might have to make a special trip back and accompany you to this very special lake. I put one in the boat that hit a solid 10" last year (from that lake), but let it go without a picture. Let's change that this summer.

Sounds like a plan Tyler!!! I am looking forward to this spring, and Lake X, shore fishing has been amazing in the spring there, I have caught a few of the monster gills you are talking about also, they are huge!!! Let me know if you are heading back this way, and shoot me an email sometime and we can get together and fish it!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

These are a few of many older photos from last year during early ice. The gill bite was off the richter there last year. It has not been nearly as good there this year. However, I am waiting for late ice and I have a feeling that the bite will turn on heavy again this year once spring starts getting closer.

You guy's have it made out there. All the farm ponds. My dad just had a pond built on his property, sunk $75,000 into it. Can hardly wait to fish it. I have a friend out there that wants me to come and fish their ponds. He's sure there is a new state record perch swimming around in one of them.

SWEET! Nothing better than nesting bull gills! I have been starting to see some gills move onto the nests in the last week or so here in the metro area, so I'm guessing they have been spawning for at least 2 weeks in SD.

mw

NE South Dakota pannies!!! They all averaged at least 9" to 10", they were caught just over a week ago on Lake X!!! The crappie was 13 1/2" and weighted just under 1 1/2lbs!!!

[Edited by Admin - Sorry no dead fish pictures please - Please read forum policy.]

crappienew1.jpg

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!