• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Legend 2hp 8'' Problem?

Johnsonator

Question

I just bought a new jiffy legend 2 hp 8". It seems to run good but it boggs itself out halfway through the hole. It seems. I almost have to lift up on it so it doesn't stop cutting. It seemes underpowered but my strikemaster 2hp was not like this. I was wondering if it is supposed to run or if it is boggy because it is new.

5 answers to this question

I just got a Jiffy 2hp. I has worked fine for me. My buddy was using it and it was bogging down on him and a walked over and closed the choke all the way and it ran fine. Also make sure the gas cap screw is open. I know these are obvious things but sometimes they can be forgotton.

I picke up a Jiffy Legend 2 HP at the beginning of the season. I had the same problem, but it goes away as you use the unit a few time. Once the motor is broken in, it should be fine. With the lack of ice this year, it took a while, but after you get the motor warmed up, it works great.

I picked up a Jiffy Legend 2 HP at the beginning of the season. I had the same problem, but it goes away as you use the unit a few times. Once the motor is broken in, it should be fine. With the lack of ice this year, it took a while, but after you get the motor warmed up, it works great.

The carbs are factory set and this means that machines will run differently at different altitudes. If your bogging down at high end try turning the adjustment screw thats on the right a little counter clockwise! Not much only 1/8 turn or so!

I use the 2 but it is a 9", I love it.

It does take it a few seconds to warm up, once warm they work very well.

Break in may be a issue, don't force it too much, allow it to warm up & let it do it's job.

Most perceived carb and power concerns stem from not allowing the engine to warm up properly. The carb relies on a certain amount of heat to get the mixture vaporizing properly to produce peek power.

Take 25 seconds to let her breath, look around and form a plan of attack, them give her hell.

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html