Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing shelter question

3 posts in this topic

Anyone ever heard of or have any experience with the "Otterskin double-wide"? It is made by Canvas Craft, Inc. in Anoka, MN. It looks similar to the Otters and Fishtraps of the world, but it flips open on both sides of the sled, giving more room and allowing 2 guys to fish out of their own side of the sled with 2 holes each. I personally have never seen one, but based strictly on what I have seen on their HSOforum am considering one to replace my old heavy home-made collapsible house. Any information or experiences anyone could provid would be great. Thanks.

I was on Mille Lacs last staurday and heard one guy talking to another about his "double wide'. He sold it cause it was too heavy.

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I hadn't thought of that but after you mentioned it I called them and they told me that the Magnum II, which is the one I'm looking at weights about 110lbs with the sled. Doesn't seem too heavy for pulling behind the snowmobile, but once loaded up with equipment might be kinda tough to pull very far on foot.