• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing shelter question

Question

Anyone ever heard of or have any experience with the "Otterskin double-wide"? It is made by Canvas Craft, Inc. in Anoka, MN. It looks similar to the Otters and Fishtraps of the world, but it flips open on both sides of the sled, giving more room and allowing 2 guys to fish out of their own side of the sled with 2 holes each. I personally have never seen one, but based strictly on what I have seen on their HSOforum am considering one to replace my old heavy home-made collapsible house. Any information or experiences anyone could provid would be great. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the feedback, Dave. I hadn't thought of that but after you mentioned it I called them and they told me that the Magnum II, which is the one I'm looking at weights about 110lbs with the sled. Doesn't seem too heavy for pulling behind the snowmobile, but once loaded up with equipment might be kinda tough to pull very far on foot.