• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zercom Problem

AWH

Question

I have had my Zercom Clearwater Classic for about 6 or 7 years now. I've never had a problem with it until tonight. I had the Zercom running with the back light on. I was away from it for a few minutes and when I came back, it was very hard to read. When I would trun the light off, everything was fine. But when I would turn the light on, it was very hard to read, and eventually everything faded out so you couldn't read anything. The light would still be on but that's it.

I turned the unit off for awhile. When I would turn it back on later to see if it would work, it would look fine for about 5 seconds and then it would slowly fade out again. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? Being that it's 6 or 7 years old, including the battery, could my battery be going bad? Would that cause this type of problem?

Thanks for any ideas!

AWH

2 answers to this question