• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help polish my graph screen!

MJCatfish

Question

My X-85 took on some mosquito spray last summer and is now spotted. How can I get the spots off? I've been tempted to try wet sandpaper-super duper fine or I've heard that cigar ashes and water mixed to a paste can work as well. I haven't tried either one of these but am curious if anyone has. Thanks in advance for your tips.

<*(^^^^^^^<

6 answers to this question

Mosquito repellant = death to your screen.
Sorry to tell ya, but it is as good as gone as far as looking like new. If you cannot live with the spots, the only solution is to replace the screen. I'm not sure if Lowrance has a lower rate for screen replacement, usually they have a flat rate which covers rebuilding your unit (screen, electronic problems, etc).
I did this once to my first locator, now I make sure I spray down before I get into the boat or I point the boat into the wind and spray down at the back of the boat far away from any electronics. If there is no wind, I'll cover all of my electronics until the spray is on and I have motored away a short distance.
Good Luck
bobber.gif
>"////=<

[This message has been edited by GullGuide (edited 01-09-2002).]

MJCatfish, I'm not sure about mosquito repellant, but there's a product called Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #17 Clear Plastic Cleaner that is nothing short of great. I was ready to toass my old X70A becuase I thought the screen was permenantly fogged, but then someone suggested the Meguiar's and it was excellant. It took lots of elbow grease, but nonetheless worked! I've seen it available right from their HSOforum for $6.50 at
http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=PI

For anyone that thinks and swears their screen is fogged from the inside, especially on LMS350's, X70A's etc, give it a try, you won't be disappointed atthe results! Hope this helps.