• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pulling a clam

Question

Looking for some advise on pulling /towing a clam 6800 the holes covered with wood still fills the house with snow when pulled behind
4-wheeler,any ideas for a sled or better way to cover holes, when folded up the house is 4X6 Thanks

6 answers to this question

Buy a Ryans Rack from USL products, cost is about 140$ Will work for anything up to 100#. I have used this a couple of times now this year and it works pretty good!

[This message has been edited by jighead (edited 01-09-2002).]

How about making a sled out of PVC. just figure out the configuration and cement it together. Lighter, slides better than wood and cheaper than buying a manufactured sled. I have one that has the two runners and a front cross piece of PVC and a furring strip screwed in in the middle and end. then I use eyeletts and rope to secure it all top and bottom. I also have pvc tied to the front (two long pieces) with a belt on the end so I can attach it to my waste and pull it. This is for all my gear. your config. for a clam would be slightly different. Use some creativity and good planning then go to it.

Good Luck
Blake