• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy owner having problems

Question

I just bought a new Jiffy Artic, 2hp, 8" cut auger and had some problems this last weekend. It took quite a few pulls to start each time and also had to it choke everytime. There is some play between the auger and the motor/gear case. Should I be concerned. Are these augers hard starters? Looking for help from experienced owners. Thank You.

2 answers to this question

I've got a 3hp/10" jiffy that's a cold hearted beast.But once it's warmed up it starts great. Make sure you don't mix the gas too rich or you'll have even more problems.Good Luck

The only problem I've had with my 3HP Jiffy is every once in a while the plug goes bad so I always have a new one along. It usually starts on one at the most 2 pulls, we make sure the vent cap is open, put on full choke prime 5-6 times, it should start, put choke back half way, warm up a little and start cutting, after one hole shut off choke. Try a new plug. Good luck.