• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Choosing the Right Flasher Unit

Matt Johnson

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My source on the FL-28 is somewhat "here-say" so I emailed them today and here is their response (not surprised)

"Thank you for your interest in Vexilar.

We can't release info to the public on things we're working on. Any new

product information (if we had any, which we may or may not) would not

be released until ICAAST (July).

We're always working on product but, if we promised we had something

coming out and didn't, we wouldn't look good.

Generally, most products don't come out or aren't released until the big

ICAAST show.

Thanks again for your support!

Corey Studer

"

I haven't heard anything new coming from Japan's Hondex Co. for the Vexilar distibutorship in the states for next season but if I do I will let you know. I did hear a rumble that Nature Vision may have a flasher on tap for the fall. Who knows really, it's all pretty much speculation. Hard to guess??? You bet it is.. I know I was one of the last on here to know about the LX-5, so there you go. Companies do a great job of keeping technology close to the vest. Why jab the competition when you can knockem out with one punch!

Quote:

Another interesting point is that Marcum has patented the movable zoom feature that allows the user to zoom in on a segment of water anywhere within the water column.

The Lowrance Ice Machine also has this feature...how can it be patented. Perhaps only for mechanical flashers?

I just picked up a Vexilar FL8 SE Pro Pack from the office off of Old Shakopee road. It is a re-conditioned one but once out of the box you would never know it. Got it for $259.00 and I am feeling pretty good about it. Can't wait to get it out on the ice and see if maybe, just maybe, I can find and CATCH some fish now. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Talk about a neat unit, his combo unit, a Vexilar/Lowrance rig he set up, talk about sweet...

?...?...? There was a nice picture here of the unit!

You just got to love this place grin.gif Its like Magic

...Poof... its gone grin.gif

It's made by Marcum and I am very impressed by them. The marks are not quite as defined as the LX-3 or LX-5, but it has clear bright colors, locked zoom, and interference rejection. In my opinion they are a very good unit for the price.