• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey Wisconsin!!! What's up with this???

We had a trivia question on the radio today "Which WI town is the muskie capital of the world??" Everybody was calling and saying "Hayward" WRONG was the answer. "Boulder Junction" was what they were looking for.

My question is: What is up with every town being the capital of the world for something????

Just the fishing ones are:

Boulder Junction-Muskie capital of the world

Fremont-White bass capital of the world

Gleason-Brook trout capital of the world

Hayward-Muskie capital of the world

Onalaska-Sunfish capital of the world

Potosi-Catfish capital of wisconsin

Presque Isle-Walleye capital of the world

Stockbridge-Sturgeon capital of the world

Tayceedah-Sheepshead capital of the world

For each of these towns there are ten more that are the capital of the world of something. Five pages of them to be exact.

I thought Webster was the sunfish capital? Or either that or it was Burnett county. Because there is a water tower with a sunfish on it and it says somewhere near that, "sunfish capital". Maybe I am off alittle bit though. Or maybe there are 2 sunfish capitals in WI.

I have always wondered about this. There is a lot of musky confusion in WI. Just in the Hayward area alone, there a several bars all claiming to have the world/state record musky on the wall. That fish sure gets around...