• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall cold weather fuel additives?

Question

What is your call Rob on Fuel conditioners?

I have always used Sta-Bil fuel treatment for fall and winter mixed fuels, is this the best one, or is there another that may work better?

I have had great luck with Sta-bil in my boats and ice augers, I never mix fuel without it!

Thanks Rob

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 08-31-2000).]

2 answers to this question

Backwater
The most important thing about fuel stabilizers is what you are already doing. Use them. Fuel can begin to breakdown and begin forming varnishes in about 30 days. I used Sta-Bil for many years, it is a good product. I switched to Cabela's label of fuel stabilize, this past year. So far it seems to be equal to Sta-Bil.
It is a good idea to use it every time you fuel up, not just for winter storage. You never know when you won't run the motor for a while and it can prevent problems from ever starting.
Rob