• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Multi-species pics

DTro

My parents live near Cook and have, what I call, a bird sanctuary. The following pics were taken within a 10 minute period.

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

Purple finch or house finch?

bird4.jpg

4 species in one shot!

bird5.jpg

bird6.jpg

bird7.jpg

Hummingbird

bird8.jpg

My dad called this a Franklin's squirrel or something like that?

bird9.jpg

Not sure what this is?

bird10.jpg

If only I could get Evening Grosbeaks at my feeders. My life would be officially complete wink.gif

Purple Finch, note the extensive red wash extending down the back and sides of the rump.

Your 4 species shot appears to be 3. The brown bird on the top of the feeder is a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak, the mate of the black, white, and red guy to the lower right. There is also an American Goldfinch and what may be a Pine Siskin--I can't really tell, it's kind of blurry on my screen.

The photo below that also has the male and female Rose-breasted Grosbeak overseeing a Hairy Woodpecker.

That is the bluest Blue Jay I've ever seen!

Your squirrel looks like a Franklin's Ground Squirrel.

The bottom photo is the female Rose-breasted Grosbeak again.

Nice shots! Guess I need to bird Cook for a while.