• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pro-line boots

Question

i am looking for a pair of hiking/hunting type boots for my son. i have a pair of rocky cornstalkers of my own and was looking for that type for him. in one sports shop i saw a brand called Pro-Line that looked very comparable. had 800grams thinsulate, 100% waterproof, camo uppers and leather lowers. they looked very nice. they cost about $80, considerably less than rockys. has anyone else heard of these or had any personal experience with them?? any input, pro or con, would be welcome.
the salesperson was a high school kid that didn't seem to know a lot. one of those kind that just tells you what he thinks you want to hear.
is this a case of getting what you pay for or is there a chance that you can get quality sometimes for less that what you expected to pay???
thanks.

------------------
Roopy

4 answers to this question

Marmooskaman,
thanks for the tip on sportsman guide. i went to their HSOforum but the rocky bearclaws i found were $119-129. which catalog did you find yours in?? also, where is their st paul warehouse located??

thanks

------------------
Roopy

i am looking for a pair of hiking/hunting type boots for my son. i have a pair of rocky cornstalkers of my own and was looking for that type for him. in one sports shop i saw a brand called Pro-Line that looked very comparable. had 800grams thinsulate, 100% waterproof, camo uppers and leather lowers. they looked very nice. they cost about $80, considerably less than rockys. has anyone else heard of these or had any personal experience with them?? any input, pro or con, would be welcome.
the salesperson was a high school kid that didn't seem to know a lot. one of those kind that just tells you what he thinks you want to hear.
is this a case of getting what you pay for or is there a chance that you can get quality sometimes for less that what you expected to pay???
thanks.

------------------
Roopy

PrLine boots have a good price point but generally dont have a good life expectancy. If your son will outgrow them by next year the might be a good buy, but if he will have them for a while it's better to go with a better brand (Rocky, LaCrosse, ect.) They may cost a little more at the start, but if they last him twice as long it is worth it.

Rob

Roop-Dogg, sorry,I forgot to say which part of the HSOforum I found the boots.Anyway, go back to their homepage,click on Deals of the Day,go to page 6, and then you'll see that page with the boots on the right hand column. SportsmanGuide is on Hardman Avenue in South St.Paul. Hardman is just east of Concord Avenue, and Hardman runs right along the Mississippi River.Their location is also just north of Hwy. 494. The address is 260 Hardman Ave. By the way, those Bearclaws are totally covered by cordura,in Advantage Camo. That rocks for turkey hunting.Hope this helps.