Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pro-line boots

5 posts in this topic

Just last weekend I purchased my second pair of Rocky Bearclaws-800 mg of Thinsulate,Gore-Tex,in advantage camo- from the Sportsman Guide for $79.99. I got that price off of their HSOforum, and then I drove to their store/warehouse in South St.Paul to buy them. All the store folks wanted was the webpage printed out with the price on it. Those boots are $129.99 at the regular price. The Bearclaw is the best hunting boot I have ever owned. Too bad Rocky is no longer making them.

Marmooskaman,
thanks for the tip on sportsman guide. i went to their HSOforum but the rocky bearclaws i found were $119-129. which catalog did you find yours in?? also, where is their st paul warehouse located??

thanks

------------------
Roopy

i am looking for a pair of hiking/hunting type boots for my son. i have a pair of rocky cornstalkers of my own and was looking for that type for him. in one sports shop i saw a brand called Pro-Line that looked very comparable. had 800grams thinsulate, 100% waterproof, camo uppers and leather lowers. they looked very nice. they cost about $80, considerably less than rockys. has anyone else heard of these or had any personal experience with them?? any input, pro or con, would be welcome.
the salesperson was a high school kid that didn't seem to know a lot. one of those kind that just tells you what he thinks you want to hear.
is this a case of getting what you pay for or is there a chance that you can get quality sometimes for less that what you expected to pay???
thanks.

------------------
Roopy

PrLine boots have a good price point but generally dont have a good life expectancy. If your son will outgrow them by next year the might be a good buy, but if he will have them for a while it's better to go with a better brand (Rocky, LaCrosse, ect.) They may cost a little more at the start, but if they last him twice as long it is worth it.

Rob

Roop-Dogg, sorry,I forgot to say which part of the HSOforum I found the boots.Anyway, go back to their homepage,click on Deals of the Day,go to page 6, and then you'll see that page with the boots on the right hand column. SportsmanGuide is on Hardman Avenue in South St.Paul. Hardman is just east of Concord Avenue, and Hardman runs right along the Mississippi River.Their location is also just north of Hwy. 494. The address is 260 Hardman Ave. By the way, those Bearclaws are totally covered by cordura,in Advantage Camo. That rocks for turkey hunting.Hope this helps.