Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Sky

Repairing tears in Otter skins?

5 posts in this topic

What have found was the best way to repair tears in the skin? I have an "L" shape tear in mine. About 1 1/2" each side. I bought some repair material and thought about cutting a square piece to cover it and applying Marine Goop. Thanks for your replies.

Use canvas and Tear Mender. Round off the edges on the canvas. Put a piece of canvas on both sides.

I have more patches than unpatched space on mine.

You can get tear mender at Fleet Farm.

Here is what I have found to be a good, weather proof mend. I think this is the same thing "92python" was refering to.

This came from the cabela's online catalog.

Tear Mender Item: IE-015920
Price: $9.99

Qty:

Tear Mender
This natural latex non-toxic adhesive permanently bonds to leather, cotton, acrylic and other porous materials for a strong, flexible weather-proof repair. Use the included patching section or the patching material of your choice to form a waterproof, UV-resistant bond that will never wear out, or simply apply to a puncture or tear to seal the threads. Repair is fully functional within 30 minutes.

I bought some iron patches and ironed them on from the inside and outside. They have held on good sofar. Only cost about 80 cents apiece.

I had a 6" L shape tear in my Otter and I took it to a place that works on canvas. It only cost me $10, and the person stitched it up and sealed it. He did a way better job than I would have ever done.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-sponsor-single-payer-healthcare-bill-574403%3Famp%3D1?espv=1   http://www.attn.com/stories/15946/democrats-supporting-health-care-plan   http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/446104/republican-health-care-bill-collapses-democrats-go-single-payer-universal-program
    • Same here. And look how well twetter is working for da prez!!
    • All forums have a certain shelf life. There is only so long that the debate over Ford/ Chevy, Vex/Marcin. Eskimo/ Strike master, Ice Castle / Yeti can keep your attention. After a while most just slip away. New people are using social apps more that the old forum formats and that is that. The only thing saving silly town is that politics is the gift that keeps on giving. 
    • Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham is among GOP leaders saying Republicans and Democrats now need to work together on a fix. Over the weekend, Rep. Betty McCollum and Sen. Al Franken – both Democrats — said they agreed with Graham. “That is what we need to do,” Franken said on WCCO Sunday Morning. “Speaker Ryan said at the end of this process that the Affordable Care Act is the the law of the land. We need to address what’s wrong with the Affordable Care act, what isn’t working.” Immediately after pulling the bill, Trump said he would be willing to work with Democrats on health care.     Too big to fail.....deja vu
    • Catzman wins again for the 3rd time with a score of 365   2--fishingstar  359 3--Juneau4  346 4--Musky999  336 5--Swiveldigger  333 6--gregg52   308 7--jar jar    301 8--BlackLundProV  280 9--huckfin  276 10-mnwildman  260 ________________________ Standings overall 1--Catzman  1314 2--Juneau4  1243 3--Musky999  1223 4--fishingstar  1212 5--gregg52  1208 6--mnwildman  1205 7--jar jar  1195 8--Swiveldigger  1139 9--huckfin  1120 10-BlackLundProV  1112 
    •     I saw a couple of statements in the media yesterday from Dem leadership to the effect that they would be interested in working with Ryan on this.  One from our very own Al Franken.  So that tells me they most likely already are.      
    •   The 20" box fan thread was very informative, and lasted for years....
    • Possibly but it seems like the Democrats are now in the beginning stages of floating single payer. Lots of talk on that since the neocons dropped the ball
    • Kinda like the Eskimo thread on I.S. some years back?
  • Our Sponsors