• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar worn out

tjz123

Question

7 answers to this question

Talked with the rep's from Vexilar at the sport show. Repair on a Fl-8 can run from $65-$95, depending on the ammount of repair needed.
Rob

One of the faq's on the Vexilar web page says: "The motor and display brush assembly, however, have a limited life time. You can expect to replace these two items every 3 to 5 years, if you use the unit regularly. Tip - Get the brushes replaced before they wear down too far, it may save your motor and some repair cost."

I contacted Vexilar and they told me that it would cost $60 to have this done.

Good luck!

Maybe it's time to buy a new Zercom Colorpoint... It is a better unit than Vexilar anyway...in my opinion.

Had great success with my Colorpoint this year.

Good Luck,

Skeets

That would be like comparing Ford and Chevy on a Chevy HSOforum, who is going to win?
Both are good units, and each have their good and bad points. Which one is better is in who, and how, the unit is being used. There are too many variables that can be changed slightly to make one unit appear to be better than the other. In the end they both work and both accomplish they same task.
Rob