• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attaching Rope to a Polar Sport Portable

Lundboy14

Question

I was just wondering what the best way to attach a rope to the Polar Sled is. I don't want to ruin it and want to keep my options open for attahing a ATV hookup in the future.

Any Suggestion?? I was thinking about attaching eyehooks and clips to use as a interim solution.

4 answers to this question

use the same holes the hitch uses. just drill them out and run the rope through. you should have two pre tapped holes on the end of the sled.

[This message has been edited by whitetip (edited 01-13-2004).]

I would go with your original idea. Take two eye bolts and make sure to use washers inside and out to prevent rubbing and damage. Then either tie direct to the eye bolts or use a rope with 'spring clips' on each end, so it can be removed if needed.

I did a similar thing with my new Grand Caravan from Eskimo. Slightly different design, but same idea.

Good Luck!

Steve