• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smooth drag

radke22

Question

5 answers to this question

I havn't tried a Tica, but last year I found great deals on 2 heavy spinning reels so I ordered both intending to keep one and return the other. One was a Shimano Sustain ( one large step up from the stradic) and the other a Diawa TX, a light saltwater reel that retailed at 400 bucks but was on closeout for 199.00 The diawa drag blew the top end shimano away, I ended up keeping it and spooling it with 30 lb. power pro, just an awsome reel for salmon, sturgeon, even saw some muskie use. The shimano went back.

I like my Stradic .. the drag ... and the entire reel is still as smooth as the day I bought it(the year stradic was introduced to the market).

It is a great reel, but the high gear ratio is a downfall to me(6.1/1).. I find myself fishing too fast sometimes.

In my book, a reel any more expensive than a Stradic is doing nothing more than showing off a portion of your paychecks .. the stradic is so well built it will handle anything you throw at it for years to come.

I have to agree with the Shimano Stradic. I have upgraded most all of mine now. I either use the 1000 or the 2000. I really do prefer the older models with the wooden handles, but the new rubber handles aren't too bad.
Good Luck.