• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I want to record what I see on my Underwater Camera to a VHS tape!

Question

When ever I use my Aqua-View I get lots of action on the camera. Differnt species of fish and nice hits. I have heard of people recording images off the Aqua-View. Cabelas said to buy a cord that hooks into your video camera. What do you guys think?

6 answers to this question

I took my VCR and hooked it up to my Aqua-Vu the last time I went out on Medicine Lake. Its actually really easy to do if you have the equipment. I had a little under 2 hours of footage on my video. I gave a copy to someone on this forum. He thought is was neat. Here are some pics I got from the video: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&start=1&id=4288662171

You will need these to see the pictures:

Name is: Melor1917

Password is: Derrick

There is no certain cord you need. I use the same cord you run from you're VCR to you're TV. This is my set up: I hooked up an inverter to my back battery. Plugged the VCR into the inverter. Hooked up the video line from the Aqua-Vu to the Video input on the VCR. Set the channel the L (short for line). Put in a tape. Turned on the Aqua-Vu. Hit record. There ya go.

VCR would be the best option, and the above instructions will get you hooked up. The other option is to get a video camera that has video input jacks on it -- very hard to find! Some of the OLD cameras that sat on your shoulder and held a full size tape would allow you to do this, this would give you a "portable" option, both units would have their own batteries and no extra pieces would be needed.

Fun to play with, but the more electronics you bring out to the water, the better chance of getting something wet, that shouldn't be.

Good Luck!
Steve