• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-Vu loose connection

Graabs

Question

I have an Aqua-Vu camera that has a lose connection at the end of the cable. It is right where the cable goes into the camera. Does anyone have any idea on how to take these apart? I took the little steel ring off, but was unable to pull the cable lose. Not sure if I need to buy a whole new unit. I know the wire has a bad connection right at the end because if you wiggle it right there the camera turns on. I know if I could get it apart I could fix the lose connection.

4 answers to this question

maddog,

if you have opened up the unit then you have voided your warranty. But of course if the unit is over 1 year old then you are in the same boat. And yes, the cameras are filled with a military grade epoxy that turns hard as a rock. So you won't be able to do anything with the wires in there.

Just call up customer service and see what they can do for you.
866-777-0733

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I had the same problem. Just take it in to C.S. and they should fix it for you.
Its almost impossible for you to take it apart to fix on it. So the best thing to do is just take it in.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I have an Aqua-Vu camera that has a lose connection at the end of the cable. It is right where the cable goes into the camera. Does anyone have any idea on how to take these apart? I took the little steel ring off, but was unable to pull the cable lose. Not sure if I need to buy a whole new unit. I know the wire has a bad connection right at the end because if you wiggle it right there the camera turns on. I know if I could get it apart I could fix the lose connection.