• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ventilation for Glacier 3 man

innate123

Question

howdy..

i don't like alot of heat in a shelter but will be using a lil' propane heater in this shelter. i didnt see much ventilation in this shelter..

how much do i need to ventilate as i've never used a heater in a shelther before...

thx

tim

1 answer to this question

I've used my Glacier a few times this winter already - 2 tips for you:

Use an anti-fog solution on the plastic windows (they seem to be the only thing that collects condensation in this shelter)
I bought a tiny (1 'D' cell powered) fan from wally world. Amazingly enough, it snaps securely into a one of those glavanized tool hangers (the kind you use to hold a broom or rake). I mounted the hanger to the cross-bar across the top, and leave the zipper open a tiny crack. It recirculates the heat pretty good, too!