• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MMC Chip for Lowrance X-15

Lundboy14

Question

I got for Christmas the Navionics Hotmaps MMC Chip with 1' ReelBottoms Contours for White Bear, Mille Lacs, Leech, and Gull. Product (HM269XL) Is this the most accurate Chip. I have been reading about Lakemaster and various others and was hearing about inaccurracy issues.

Has anyone used this and are they accurate?

11 answers to this question

I used the reelbottem chip for the first time last year on Gull lake for a walleye tournament and it is very accurate finding inside turns and points on structure was really easy.
But did find some structure that was not on the chip. But all in all still well worth the money

You have the most accurate chip. I've used it for a couple of years now it is great. Gull and Mille Lacs are awesome. I've talked to other huys that have the hot spots chip and they are not as good.

Jason Erlandson
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Nisswa MN
218-963-2401

I heard the only Accurate Map/Chips are the ones produced by Navionics that contain data originally surveyed by Reelbottom or Lakemaster. Hotmaps just uses DNR Surveys and they tend to be less accurate.

danny (or anyone else),
Is lakemaster actually developing a chip for the ifinder? I ask because I'm in the process of deciding on a handheld GPS and if they are developing a compatible chip that would seal my decision. The way I understand it is that the ifinder will only run a 128MB chip (the new ifinder pro runs 512MB) and the current lakemaster chips are larger than that. If they make the smaller MB chip, will all the lakes available on the current generation of MMC chips be available on the new chip or will they have to eliminate some lakes to reduce the MB? I'm still rather low on the GPS learning curve so any help would be appreciated. Maybe I should e-mail Lowrance and/or Lakemaster.

[This message has been edited by SpikeRoberts (edited 01-08-2004).]

Only the ifinder PRO will work with the navionics chip. I spoke with the nice people at Cabelas and he verified this with the guy at the sports show. I saw Reeds have a Pro there with the chip in it and it worked great. Supply is a little short right now on them, but they expect them in the next couple of weeks. Wait for the Pro model. The other option is if you already have the reelbottom map on CD, you can get the software from Lakemaster at the show for $15 that you can download the waypoints into your chip. They can better explain it.
Good luck and tight lines.