• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hold your house down!!!

only ice

Question

Im no expert but I have learned a few tricks. I would like to share one with you. When I fish out of my portable I have some nylon plastic tye wraps zipped on my floor poles. There the black ones with th hole on the end. Then I cary sheet rock screws, and screw my house down. I have set up in 35mp winds with no snow on the ice, and have never lost my house. Hope this works for you!!!

6 answers to this question

One thing I do when there is no snow on the ice like are running into now is before I leave shore I grap a hand full of beach sand. After drilling holes and cleaning them out I sprinkle the beach sand where the house is going to sit before putting the house back over the holes, it definitely keeps it from sliding all over.

Ole

One thing that I have done, (only applicable if you can drive out) is throw a tube of sand, or two, (like the one's you buy @ Menards) in there. This has worked well, especially when I'm by myself and have to exit the house to stretch.

------------------
---Drill your hole farther away---

Hmmm

Today would be a good day to think about this.

My shack is made out of a green camping tarp and is or "was" sitting out on Prior as of yesterday.

Do you ever get that sinking feeling that you should have anchored the shack...???

At least on Prior all the lakeshore is residential.....hopefully I'll get a call when it ends up in somebody's backyard.

Sailing anyone??