• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Depthfinder Problems

Primetime

Question

I have a Crestliner 1750 fishhawk with a 80HP Yamaha 4 stroke and I put my own depth finder on it a couple years ago It worked just fine for a year and now it will start blinking for no reason it is a Eagle Fish easy II. Was just wondering if anybody knows what would be causing it to do that.

9 answers to this question

Check your transducer to make sure it did not get bumped out of alignment. It should be level with the floor of the boat not the dead rise angle. Check the bottom to see if you have any deep scratches that would hold air bubbles or excessive dirt. What depth of water does it generally happen in? The unit can loose its signal in less that 5' of water or when there are heavy weeds just under the surface.

Rob

Are you running another graph in the boat at the same time? Interference on something else somehow? I know may radio even screws up my Lowrance graph sometimes!

I've also had a transducer die once and it did the same thing.

I appreciate the replys I just recently found this site so I didn't know there was an eq. forum. Anyway the Depth Finder blinks every second. It may have gotten scratched and is holding air bubbles but I stick my hand back there and clean it and it still blinks. Sometimes it will work. So I don't know if I should call eagle and try get a new one? I hate to take the transducer off because I dont like drilling holes in my boat.

Does the whole screen blink or just the depth and graph details?? If the whole screen blinks off it's a power issue, if the depth and graph details blink I would suspect you need a new transducer. People pull their boats up on shore and don't realize how this affects transducers they are not as tough as one would think. I've had an LMS 350 for six years now and have gone through three transducers. I fish a lot of tournaments and that requires pulling the boat up on shore a lot and scratching the transducer.

Chris thanks for the advice. The depth is what blinks. Where do they sell transducers for the depthfinder I have (Eagle Fish Easy 2)? Do I have to buy a specific ducer for my depthfinder or do they come generic?

Yes you do, but they are easy to find. Most good sporting goods store will carry the one you need. They can be ordered easiily also. I would bet a paycheck that's your problem if it works for a little while then blinks for a while then locks on again for a minute then blinks some more.