• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Stealth replacement blades

G_man

Question

I know you can find replacement blades for the regular cutting blade, but does Jiffy make a replacement blade for the little stealth cutting blades or do I have to sharpen them manually?

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Jiffy does not sell the Steath blades seperate, not that I know of.
Just the chipper blade.

For now, the best you can do it sharpen them by hand.

Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Skeets (edited 01-05-2004).]

I recently bought a Jiffy, and had the same concern. I called them today and spoke with "Tom" in sales. He told me that if I ever need replacement blades or a replacement drill bit to call them directly. I personally think they are trying to avoid people putting thier amazing blades on cheaper/inferior augers.

By the way, I had some problems getting a defective gas cap replaced (customer service nearly ignored me all together even though I am under warranty), but Tom made it right and shipped me a new one.

I sent Jiffy an email yesterday and here is the response I got: "The Stealth is only available as a complete unit, powerhead and drill assembly. We do not offer the Stealth Power Point as an add item to a previously purchased units. The Stealth is not compatable with previously purchased units. If you already have a Stealth unit, you can purchase the Stealth blades as a replacement. Please call us at 1-800-344-0712 to order.
Please have the Jiffy Serial number from your Jiffy when you call. Thank you for your interest in Jiffy Ice Drills."

So that tells me basically what Colorado stated. They don't want everyone adding these blades to their other augers. Probably something to do with a liability issue too. Either way, now that I've found out how to get the replacement blades, I'm happy with Jiffy and their customer service.

Colorado, its funny you mentioned the gas cap too. I just purchased a replacement/newer version of Jiffy's gas cap. My last years version of their gas cap sucked and leaked. The seal with it was too big and wouldn't seal. Now it fell off and it sitting in the bottom of my gas tank. I'll try and take it apart when it warms up or this summer. The new gas cap seems to work though and it only costed me like $8-$10.