• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making sense of all the Lowrance models

Cove

Question

Having decided to focus my search for new electronics to Lowrance I now find an incredible array of options. LCXs, LMSs.... I get tired thinking about how to crunch all this so need some input.
I basically need dual frequency and I need feature that plots surface temps over the last 10 (or whatever) minutes. I don't need color (I don't think) and question of combing with GPS is posted previously. Is there any straight forward way of sorting through all these models?

10 answers to this question

Lowrance is the way to go. they have new unit s coming out this year. they are increasing pixels in some units. It you have any questions you can come in or call me at gander. We don't have any of the new units in yet. AJ

Thanks for the input. I am also gathering some comments from the iboat and Florida Sportsman Forums and when I have pulled it all together & made a decision I will post it.

Best thing to do is go to Lowrance's site. You'll have all the models there with all the specs. Makes it so much easier when you have all the info right there. It'll take some reading but then you'll be able to pick a sounder that is right for you with everything your looking for.

The Lowrance site has a "Compare products" feature. Just click on one of the items and the click the compare feature and you will be able to compare the features next to each other.
I have a LCX15mt and love it.

[This message has been edited by davev (edited 01-06-2004).]

Davev and WaveWacker, thanks for your timely comments on the LCX15-MT. I was almost ready to get the LCX19C then thought, for 1000 less I should I get the black and white LCX-15MT. It has less pixels than the 19C but question is how much of a difference would that be? Sounds like you guys are pretty satisfied with the 15-MT.