• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fly tying vise

Question

I would like to start tying my own jigs, mostly panfish size, anyone have any recommendations as to a reasonable starter model/brand? I don't know anything about what jaw size I would need, any advice? I figure around fifty bucks

Hulk

8 answers to this question

Hulk --
If you can get to the Annandale area, or if you want to pay postage, I have a Royal Coachman Vise you can have. Free, no strings. It sits here collecting dust, and has never been used.

I haven't tied flies since Boy Scout days, and that's a long time ago.

NotoriousBLM --
If you can get to Annandale sometime, let me know and I'll meet you. Throw out a day and time and I'll look for you at Subway on Hwy 55 on east edge of town.

From the weather report, it sounds OK. That should be ahead of the storm predicted to start tomorrow (Saturday). If roads are already bad, we'll postpone it -- No $15 vise is worth a bad road risk. You can email me at [email protected] if you wish.