Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fly tying vise

9 posts in this topic

I would like to start tying my own jigs, mostly panfish size, anyone have any recommendations as to a reasonable starter model/brand? I don't know anything about what jaw size I would need, any advice? I figure around fifty bucks

Hulk

Hulk --
If you can get to the Annandale area, or if you want to pay postage, I have a Royal Coachman Vise you can have. Free, no strings. It sits here collecting dust, and has never been used.

I haven't tied flies since Boy Scout days, and that's a long time ago.

NotoriousBLM --
If you can get to Annandale sometime, let me know and I'll meet you. Throw out a day and time and I'll look for you at Subway on Hwy 55 on east edge of town.

Hulk hasn't answered. Anyone else out there want a free vise? (Note spelling---
not vice!)

If its still available, and you are sure you want to give it away, I'll take and put it to use. I live in Becker, so I could pick it up.

From the weather report, it sounds OK. That should be ahead of the storm predicted to start tomorrow (Saturday). If roads are already bad, we'll postpone it -- No $15 vise is worth a bad road risk. You can email me at disker@lkdllink.net if you wish.