Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Heating a Double wide portable

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone uses a double wide portable, where 4 people can fish back to back? If so, can one heater heat that much space?

Thanks.

I don't know about that Paul,
Bluewater Bait in Bemidji has a heater that just might do it.

I could very well be wrong, because I haven't tried it in a double wide. However Jeff Beckwith has and it would be interesting to hear his take on it.

Even if one heater would have the capacity to heat a double wide, I would think you would never be able to find a "happy medium".

By the time the people on the opposite side of the house were comfortable, and the holes on the opposite side would stop freezing, the folks closest to the heater would be sweating to death...

I have an otter resort and I even use 2 heaters at times, I hang a buddy heater from the back, and place a sunflower in the corner... I also have made panels out of reflectix insulation that I can fasten to the back and the top with velcro - this helps out tremendously....

I have one that will do it. This thing is a tank, but fits on a 20# tank. It is a Focus 30. One burner is 15000 btu and with both burners on it is 30000 btu. How's that for heat, LOL? I put it in a small two man and had to turn it off after 5 minutes. It is just a little bulky and pretty loud, but man does it put out the heat. That heater would make Tim the Toolman proud! I use it in my 10x16 shed when messing around out there in the cold. Now I just need a few flowers and hula girls.

I have a Century infared regulated propane heater, 3 setting low, med and high. 10 000 to 12 000 btu's. I use this in a small one man portable on low heat and heat a 6 man permanent house on high. The unit is a bit bulky being on on propane tank but lasts 3-4 months on a full tank going out twice a week for 10 hrs a session. You can even turn the head around and use it to cook on.
Cheers!!

We use the Mr. Heater Cooker and it heats the 4 man no problem as long as it is above zero. If it is really cold we run a Buddy on one side and the cooker on the other. Plenty of heat.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Next time just call it a great Pike video, with some bonus Bass thrown in! Who's to know?
    • Good luck and shoot straight 
    • He said "getting wood" uh uhha 
    • Or I flat out suck, can't figure it out, on the bright side the snot rockets kept me entertained!    
    • The green up is still in full swing this week, with the help of consistent rain events and temperatures between the 50s and 70s. This, combined with recent snow in the northern portions of the state continues to put a damper on recently high fire danger across and has brought us to "Low" fire danger throughout the counties. Water levels are still running above normal, and the Wisconsin River is above flood stage. Trails across the state are likely to feature more than a few hints of mud. Bring your rubber boots or waterproof hikers and enjoy the scenery as the banks, forests, marshes and prairies respond to the influx of moisture. Challenging weather made for tough angling across the board this past week. Anglers from Marinette County to Brown County reported numerous attempts at walleye and brown trout. Murkier water didn't help, but reports came in from anglers that they were seeing success for non-target species, particularly northern pike. In Oconto County, the sucker run is rolling along and disturbing the bite. In Brown County, those that did see success for walleye noted that the fish were fully spawned and on their way back to the bay. Stream anglers are reporting a difficult steelhead bite in eastern Door County, while suckers have dispersed in Kewaunee County, leaving the steelhead there more visible as temperatures climb upwards. Water temperatures range from the upper 40s to the low 50s. There were two to four foot waves and small craft advisories in effect last Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee. Anglers at the McKinley Pier are looking for coho and chinook salmon, while brown trout were being landed behind Summerfest. Anglers in Racine County reported boaters and pier anglers landing brown trout as well as a few coho. At the Root River, water visibility was around 12 inches, with an improving steelhead bite and a few remaining suckers caught. Anglers in Kenosha saw more success for browns from the harbor than the south pier. Though no catches were reported from the Pike, the mouth of the river is open and visibility is good. Temperatures for these waters ranged from 47 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit. .
    • Spotted it on the way back from getting wood and tried to sneak up on it. 
    • Hawg - please take down my post - didn't mean to offend or break any rules     
    • I looked it up on google and found it but not the sprinkler it was $12.99. I don't remember what it was.
    • Just went home for lunch and....he's back.
    • Within the last few days the bluejays have discovered my suet cakes.   Also have a hairy woodpecker that has appeared recently. 
  • Our Sponsors