• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mice in portable

Ole1855

Question

I'm sure this question has been asked before but here goes again. I just got my portable out to get ready for tomorrow and found 4 nice holes about the size of a tennis ball in the canvas!!!!!!!!!! What can I do to keep the mice out when I put away this spring?

Ole

7 answers to this question

I have a Clam Classic (5600) and a Frabill XLTwin and when season is over I take canvas off and store them in Rubbermaid tote boxes with covers, in the rafters of my garage. I also throw in some mothballs. I have never had a problem.

Just a quick note, I had the same problem this year and to fix the holes I bought some iron patches. They worked great. It took a couple of days outside set up to get rid of the mouse pee smell.

kjgmh,
Good idea on the iron on patches!! I never even thought of that. What did you use to iron against?

Thanks for the responses, I'll get it up off the floor of the garage this spring and I'll add a few moth balls.

Ole

I had my wife hold a 2x6 on the backside. I put a patch on both the inside and outside. This way they did not stick to the 2x6. I used pins to hold them in place. I got them at Walmart and were about 90cents a piece.

[This message has been edited by kjgmh (edited 01-03-2004).]