• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garmin GPS Map 76 and Lakemaster Software

SpikeRoberts

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Spike you bet you can I have the map 76 myself and the lakemaster software I don't know if you will be at your cabin or not this weekend but I will be on middle whitefish leaving this am will be in a solid red retractable hooked up to a 4 wheeler look me up if you are in the area.

Any recommendations for the lakemaster software and a handheld G.P.S.?
I bought the Vermillion upgrade Cd-rom, and the Lakemaster basic program. What do I need to do to get this stuff on a handheld?

Does it allow me to mark reefs if I dont download the map? What about contours? The guy at Gander said I could download contours.

Info is appreciated, as I have really no clue when it comes to G.P.S smile.gif

There is an I-Finder Pro that should be out any day if it is not already. This will run the MMC cards that lakemaster comes on for your X-15 etc.

As for the Map 76, it interfaces with the Lakemaster software but I have not been able to download contours etc, only waypoints. If someone knows different please let me know.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Thnaks for the info Scott. I'm new to this GPS stuff and wasn't really familiar with Lowrance handhelds. The iFinder Pro Plus looks to be better priced than comparable Garmin or Magellan products. I'm going to have to give it serious consideration before I make my decision.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Scott is correct,
You can print the Maps out and you can download up to 500 waypoints from the ProMap Series LakeMaster GPS maps to your GPS 76 or vice-versa.

You can also run your GPS unit hooked up to a laptop. Your GPS acts like a receiver only and you have the maps right there with you location and waypoints showing up on your laptop. Pretty slick deal.

Just don't get your laptop wet. There is a possibility a PDA may be compatible with that in the future.

You can get mor einfo or order yours here:

http://minnesota-lake-maps.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-05-2004).]