Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thirtysomething

trouble with my fishfinder

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I'm having complications this season charging my LX3. I saw a post awhile back, but can't find it. Here's my problem. When I plugged in my charger this season, it flashed at 70% for a day, but never got any higher. When unplugged it read, 90, then nothing. It works fine. I plugged it in to charge after Saturdays trip and it read nothing until I backed out the plug almost to the end. ( on the unit, not the wall.) it flashed at 80%. Eventually I plugged it in all the way, and it stayed at 80%. It does say CHGING. Again, when unplugged the meter reads zero.

Any ideas? My cousin thinks I have memory at only a 80 percent charge. Either way the unit still reads 0 when on it's own.

Thanks in advance.

After you have checked with Marcum service dept. and have corrected either the wiring or a defective digital meter,get yourself a volt-ohm meter to check the status of your btry. A fully charged btry should read about 14 volts,then when ya put a load on the btry. it should read about 12+ volts....
Ya don't have to spend alot on a meter but it will give ya a better idea the btry status ...
Battery maintenance will give ya a long and useful btry. life....
Don

Unplug the charger from the battery and check your connections.

It's also a good idea to let everything warm up in the house for a few hours before charging any battery.

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

I would bet its the contacts with the battery itself.
Souunds just like what happend to me the first time I used my LX3.

I charged mine over nite(12+ hours) and took it to the lake.As soon as I turned it on it read only 70%.
When I got home I discovered that the contacts were not completely on the battery tabs.They were on just not all the way.I pushed them on all the way and have had no problem since.

I had battery issues as well, I used my Marcum on the boat all summer. When I removed it from the soft pack and installed it on the boat, I forgot to unplug the charger from the batter- thus the battery guage was still hooked up and that drained the battery completely dead all summer.

This winter when I pulled it out of the closet I couldn't get it to take a charge, and it would only last a couple hours. I wound up having to buy a new battery....

I had somewhat the same problem with the new one I just got. first time out it read 100% after a day of fishing (about 6hours) it droped to 20%. charged over night, was out yesterday for 8 hours only dropped to about 60%. plugged it in to charged the meter read 20% flashed for a few seconds jumped to 30 only got to about 60 after about 3-4 hours. read a 100 this morning when I unplugged it. any ideas?

O