• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip-up Carrying Case

catchnmall

Question

7 answers to this question

I second the Stone Legacy un-bucket. I've seen them personally and upclose, and I must say, they are very nice. Built to last and very portable and made for ice fishermen. Keeps your equipment safe and organized.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I use schedule 30 sewer pie cut to length with duct tape on one end. Can't remember if 3 or 4" though. Snug fit, tip up won't slide out, these can be taped together or thrown loosely into buckets or whatever you have.

DougV>

Well, shoot, my Croxton Pond bag holds two Polars in one of the side compartments without tangling them, and I have a compact Frabill in the center rod compartment.

Never need more than three tip-ups in Minnesota or Wisconsin, so that's all I need, and I can put in four rods and three small tackle boxes, not to mention assorted small loose stuff like Princeton Tech light, etc., in the spare spaces.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I tie a clip swivel on the end of my braided tip-up line, and make up leaders with the hooks attached. I roll the leaders up and store them in a plastic electrical tape container.[3M tape containers are great] The round container keeps the leaders from kinking. When I'm done fishing, I remove the leaders, roll them up and secure the tip-up line on the spool with a rubber band.I've carried as many as six tip-ups and six rods in the same bucket and not had a problem. I live in a house of many cats, so I don't bring any lines with hooks into the house. Learned that lesson long ago.

the stonelegacy set up looks terrific.I built a similar set up a few years ago using a medium sized plastic kitchen refuse container and some straps off a discarded pack basket.No tangle of tip-ups - get some strips of velco and wind around reel at the end of the day.Still pefer the the tried and true extra tall woven packbaskets from Maine to transport 24" heritage tip-ups and a couple of bungee cords around the outside for some jigging rods.

------------------