• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kinda reel should I get?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Abu reels. I just picked up an Abu 6600D5 on clearance at Fleet Farm for 85 bucks. It is sweet and smooth. Now all I need is for a fish to cooperate come muskie season confused.gif. It also has a clicker on it so it'll be good for fishing northerns with suckers or for catfish.

I teamed it with a 7'6 MH Guide Series rod from Gander, they were 10 bucks off last week.

You may want to look at Okuma. I just bought 2 this year and I love the heck out of them and they are very reasonably priced. Not a brand you hear to much of as far as Muskie fishing goes but very good quality reels. I've only used them so far this year pike fishing in SD but I am very impressed with them. The Induron and the Nytrix are the better known ones. Other wise like gopher said you can't go wrong with an Abu.