• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

White Bass

lunker651

St. Croix gets the good bite this time of the year. They are getting them around current breaks, eddies, and narrows. They said the smaller ones were hitting mid depth and back further of the spot and the bigger ones are hitting close to the bottom and on the front of the spot. Fatheads and a split shot 1.5-2' in front was the ticket. I haven't been out on the boat yet this year but people are catching 1-2.5lb'ers from the Croix. I asked for one and they gave me a 17.5"er.

Thanks Ricqik, people I know has been talking about St. criox river too. I might go try it this weekend up by taylor falls. I also heard that rooster tail works real good in the morning. My brother said his friends were up there and was fishing for white bass but the walleyes was biting left and right. they caught some pretty big ones, they took some pics and let them go, not opener yet, getting close.

I went out today on the Croix for some whities. We launched out of Beannies. Boy, it's brutally cold and the waves are slammin us around when we try to go north of the X/X tracks. So we hung around about 50 or so feet south of the tracks and caught 11 whities and 2 perches. We decided to brave it and head to the xcel plant discharge and caught 4 crappies. We called it a day after that.

you guys did pretty good. me and my brother went to taylor's fall dam and caught about 20 or so whitebass and about 10 crappies. We release the larger whitebass and kept 10 hand size and also the crappies too. It was good eating that night...