• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sweet Beaver

HawgTide

What's with this new stuff called "Sweet Beaver". Anyone ever have any experience with Sweet Beaver? I decided to get some today, and some "Smallie Beaver" just in case the Sweet Beaver is too big. They also have a Double Wide Beaver for those who prefer the larger size.

Apparently this is the hottest craze on tour. Let me know if it's worth the money.

These are lures from Reaction Innovations. Touring pro Andre Moore owns this compnay. There have been many good reviews about this lure called the "sweet beaver" and a smaller version called the "smallie beaver". They say its been the hot lure on the tour and very popular in tournaments down south. If i can find some in the stores I'm going to get some, so I would say, sure go ahead and try them, you never know they might be your next favorite lure.

I saw the story on Basscenter about the Sweet Beaver. Made me want to get some. grin.gif According to their HSOforum, there are only 2 dealers in the area, one was up in Blaine. I went there and they only had 2 Sweet Beavers left, but a few Smallie Beavers and Double Wide Beavers. I suppose whenever a big show like Basscenter runs a story about a product where they say 90% of the pros are using it, there tends to be a sellout real fast.

Leave it to Beaver,

This bait could be the next senko. I know, them are tall words, I said could. I fished a private Lake last week that fishes like 'Tonka (same kink of grass) and I used 2 different colors (natural, brn/grn and watermelon/junebug) weightless like a senko. I caught 20 fish in 4 hours. The trick is using a 5/0 super wide gap hook. I did not use the smallie beaver, just the mid-size original Beev. I am sure that you can order on-line. If you run into snags I could get you a few tackle shops here in California that have all the colors. You would have to get permission on the forum 1st, I think.

Dan

EBass, your thinking in the right direction, every product they market is based on that "lingo", Andre Moore said in his interview, that every product on the market that we buy today is based on 5ex, because that is what sells, it's working for him, he said they are selling $200.000.00 worth of product a month, not a bad income for some plastic baits!

Just saw a segment on this lure on OLN, think the show was called "fishing university" and it had the founder on it. They were using the smallie beaver on a drop shot rig or traditional on a big jig head and were really doing well with it. Looks like a tube with a trough, which makes hooking it better apparently, also looks like the skirt has more detail and bigger "tails" on it. The rings around the bait are also supposed to help keep the fish on better, but I'm not sure of that. I'm definitely willing to try it, any excuse to buy more tackle is a good one!

It looks like the Manufacturer is out of stock in most colors. frown.gif

But I heard they were making a new lure that was a combination of a hair jig and a sweet beaver. I wonder what it will be called?

Hey,

I saw a post on another board that has SB knock off's ...

Add three w's before whiteysplastics and .com after. Then go to their catalog and look at the sweet lilly's. It might be that they're not out of stock. I have not tried these but some people on another board recommended them.

FlipR70

HawgTide, I think its to be called the Sweet Hairy Beaver... cool.gif

As to the original post, I have plenty of experience with the sweetest of Beavs... If you need tips let me know!! grin.gif

I know of some men who do prefer the bouble wide beaver, but its not for me...

After that note.... They look like an interesting lure, but I think I'll wait until this rush cools off. If you order them now, you won't get them till late may at best, and they don't have most of the colors.

No kidding. With all the hype... everyone is going to want a sweet beaver dangling at the end of their rod this summer!

At the very least, the Reaction Innovations webpage has got to be taking a lot of hits.

I ordered some in the original beaver in "Hematoma" color from Tacklewarehouse.com Theyre on backorder. Seems like a hot bait though. Some people prefer to split the tail for a better action. I think I remember them having a color called "dirty sanchez". Now THATS funny. smile.gif