• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

guess that's it

Ryan_V

i guess that's it for the ice fishing talk!!! I personally can't wait until the next hardwater season!!! I don't do much open water fishing so I'm already planning the work to do to my shacks over the summer. Pretty minimal this year, but gets me looking forward to ice again once I put the camper away next fall!! Talk to you all next fall!!

We'll be here Ryan! Ice fishing will be here again soon enough! grin.gif

However, feel free to post ice fishing questions even during the open water months, nothing wrong with that. I'm always thinking about ice fishing too...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I'll be here also.

I've got a number of ice fishing related projects to work on this summer.

- Tweaking out the Sleeper Shack.

- A rework of my Otter Lodge insert. (Stay tuned for this one! grin.gif)

- Some ice fishing related snowmobile modifications.

While not thinking about ice fishing, I hope to be catching some catfish.

Hanson, IFF and the rest of you lOTW lovers if you can't wait till next ice season to see those flags fly the openwater Pike run in warroad is on in a BIG way right now. Been going good for a few days now and should stay good for a few yet.

Fisky

Some trails are happy ones

Others are blue

It's the way you ride the trail that counts

Here's a happy one for you

Happy trails to you

Until we meet again

Happy trails to you

Keep smiling until then

Who cares about the clouds when we're together

Just sing a song and bring that sunny weather

Happy trails to you

Til we meet again

Who cares about the clouds when we're together

Just sing a song and bring that sunny weather

Happy trails to you

Til we meet again

Til we meet again

Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Fisky-

Catch me one while your out there! How'd your ice pike fishing go? I didn't see a whole lot of pike chit-chat at all on the forums this winter. Some... but not like years past.

I spent more time fishing URL, I.C.E. Series events, and other new lakes that I sort of neglected LOW this winter. I think I might have to change that for next winter.

Very true there! Had a great season on the ice this year and looking forward to using the boat to find new territory to work for next year.

Continue to post questions or comments if you like. I'm sure there are a few Fmer's just waiting for the hard water season.

cool.gif

Hanson, another somewhat dismal late ice Pike year for me. Tipup deal was even tougher than last year so thats back to back years on that after 2 really good seasons. Lack of sucker minnows up here during the late season certainly did'nt help either. Hopefully like last year this early bite going on now will make up for that in spades, 2 44's were taken yesterday as well as numerous other nice ones the past coupla days.

You better take a day off!!!

I'm in denial. I refuse to accept the fact that ice fishing is over for the season. I'm putting on my carharts and grabbin my stuff and driving the 4 wheeler on the lake. grin.gif

Ok, maybe I'll just work on improving the fish castle winter home away from home hard water house until next winter.

i got a question about ice fishing to get you guys back on the subject. grin.gif I was wondering how many people like those pager tip up sensors. I have a couple but I cant remember what they are called but oh well? I think they work slick, what do you guys think of them? Also another question, do any of you guys use them for open water on your fishing rods? I was looking through the instuctions and it showed them using it while trolling? I havent done this was I also think thatd be slick if you were running a couple rods.

I believe they are simply called Strike Sensors. Never used them. I like to keep my tip-up fishing simple and primitive to a point. Part of the excitement for me is watching for flags but thats just me.

I have used the Strike Sensor pager unit. I don't use it all the time though. I also like to look out the window and if your lucky you get to see a flag shoot right up! I do like them for fishing tip-ups at dust and into the night. It eliminates the pain of taking a flash light out and shinning the tip-up.

This winter on the second to last day of the season my pagers drops down the hole. So I just went out and bought a whole new combo unit. Now I have to 2 sensor thingys and one pager. Which is nice b/c I normally go fishing with a buddy and we each throw out a tip-up so now I have them both covered. smirk.gif

I have a couple of them and I have them on my circluar frabill tip ups. Its hard to see the flags on them something. I know its fun to see the flags go up, but when fishing pike by the time i notice the flag the dang fish has all the line out and I hate reeling all that slack back in when its below 0!! But anyways I think they are very handy at night. Have any of you guys used them in open water with a rod?