• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mathews outback case

Hey guys,

I just got my first bow last week, grin.gif a used mathews outback for $600 dollars with all the bells and whistles, I went with a buddy of mine who is getting me into the sport and didn't have the intention of getting such a nice bow, but the other bows we were looking at were in the $400-500 range so it just made sense to pay the extra money...(By the way, Schaffer's in burnsville really were great wink.gif)...But I am looking into getting a hard case for it, right now I have a soft one and I really want to take care of it. But I have learned that with the parallel limbs my bow won't fit in most cases...Anyone out there with the outback who could point me in the direction of a case that the bow fits in? Thanks!

I cant think of a brand off the top of my head.. However, more because I don't own one of the parrellel limb bows.. There has to be a hard case for it, there are too many of those bows on the market. I would do a google search and type in Mathews hard case. OR just bring your bow into a store and try them out. Which I would think would be the best idea!

Thanks for the help huys, ghotierman, do you know if the Doskosport Deluxe will fit it, or will my outback only fit in the pro 44? The Deluxe is 49 1/4 x 17 1/8 x 5 1/4, while the pro44 is 44 1/2 x 20 x 8 3/4...Thanks again for the responses!

I've got an outback and I fit it perfectly into a bow hardcase made by plano. You can pick em' up for like $29 or $39.99 at your local Gander's or what have you.

Don't seem to have a problem fittin' it in there. SNug as a bug in a rug....that sucker isn't going anywhere.

I have also been looking for a hard sided case for but for my Bowtech Extreme,which is somewhat similar to the Outback. I recall that I found a place on the internet that makes a hard side case specifically for the Outback. Its spendy though ($200.00) but isn't your typical hardsided case. It appers to be very durable and holds your bow with the quiver and stabelizer attached. I am at work right now and don't have the info. with me. I will try and post it later tonight. This place is located in Hudson Wisc. but you have to order over the net. Jim

WGator: Sorry for not reponding earlier, having problems with my home computer. The case is made by SKB and fits Mathews Legacy and Bow Tech Patriot style bows. It is a molded hard side that has a "pallet style" slide out. It is difficult to describe, but looks very sturdy. I found it at the following HSOforum:

" www(dot)exploreproducts(dot)com/archerycasesbr5500(dot)htm " Hope this helps. Jim

Capt, I respectfully disagree, you are protecting something quite valuable. My hunting rig for instace if you add everything up has to run somewhere around $1,500 with arrows, releases, sight ect... $200 on a good case to protect that I dont think is too much. I had a cheep case on my target bow for a while and it ended up scratching my limbs... sure its only cosmetic. but?

I hear ya Dietz, good point. I guess after I add everything up on my bow too I'm looking at $1000-1200. The case is minimal for what I paid all together on the bow.

Glad I found a deal with my plano bow holder which does a great job. I haven't found any scratches, etc.....but then again I don't look for them either.

This is THE reason to spend the money for a good case. Imagine driving 19 hours to hunt elk in New Mexico. Three guys, 1 truck and a whole lot of stuff piled in the back. Me and 1 buddy have SKB hard cases for our bows. Third guy has a plano hard case, which I used for many years myself, until I bought my first new bow in 13 years, which is a Bowtech Patriot. Unfortunately, bad things happen sometimes, and this was no exception. When we got to Chama and unloaded everything, there seemed to have been a little shifting happening, and the center of the Plano case was mashed. Along with his sight and a few alum. arrows(another reason to shoot carbons). Fortunately, #1 buddy brought a back-up bow in his SKB. And with a little tweaking, #3 buddy was able to shoot it. So, short story just a little longer. When you have $1500 tied up in your bow, an extra $80 can make pretty darn good sense....Or, make sure someone packs up the truck a little better than we did.

Flatlander