Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sand Burr

Custom rod question

6 posts in this topic

I left my color preserver in the pick-up and it froze frown.gif (long story) I recieved it from a class I took. Where can I purchase more of this locally? Vadnais Heights area and north down 35. It looked like a home made paste maybe there is a reciepe?

No I took the class in Mora at the school. I just feel bad for doing a stupid mistake and letting it freeze. I figured Thorne would have it but did'nt want to go over to hwy 65 and battle traffic.

sand bur,
If you can find Future Floor Polish, it is an acrylic- just like the Flex Coat CP. Works perfectly.

Take a look at Wild River Distributing. They are north of Stillwater in Marine. Great prices!

I have in the past used good old elmers glue thinned out with water in lieu of color preserver. The biggest thing is to seal the thread and it does the job. I have a fenwick fly rod I did about 17 years ago with that as color preserver and the thread colors still looks good today.