• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacing Line

Dude

Depends on how hard one fishes it and what IT is?

grin.gif

I been running a huge spool O Whiplash which is a older FLAT super type line no one liked but me and Terry I guess?

Do so until it is gone. ooo.gif

Tuff line PLUS is wonderful and the ROUND Spiderwire STEALTH works great too and holds about ZERO water.

Cortland makes some fine products as well.

smile.gif

ALL Good stuff.

Mid season I reverse it, the line, onto a NEW reel and I'm good to go hopefully until Ice up.

laugh.gif

Matter of taste, but most of the lines now a days hold up a goodly amount of time.

But then again it aint always my dime.

cool.gif

Get some good line, work it hard, see what happens.

Tighter you spool it the better.

Adjust yer magnets or weights on the drop to handle weight of lures when changing up.

Prevents a bunch of over runs as it were and filling that air with BLUE words.

blush.gif

Rip some lips.

T.

I use the same method as Tommy, We don't use a backing of any kind. Just a piece of tape on the knot and then fill the spool. When you notice te line is getting frayed, just tie that end to another reel and crank it on. The line that was on the bottom, is now fresh and on the business end. You get you're moneys worth that way because

you are using all the line, not just the first 50 feet of it. If you only fish a little each season

you should be able to get 2 seasons out of it by using the old switcheroo method. grin.gif

"Ace" cool.gif