• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What does your Rig Look like?

koWALLEYEski

When the fish are just coming up from the deep I like to use just a simple tube jig and a crappie minnow. When the fish are up on the beds, Just use a spring bobber and a jig and cast it right on top of the bed. 9 out of 10 chances, the fish will hit your rig. I find this way the easiest and most productive way to catch crappies in the spring.

Used a red/white mini tube with a round leadhead jig with bleeding heart hook about 5 feet under a fixed float last sun.and caught a bunch of crappies. Would have used them paddle tails I had ordered, but they hadn't gotten to me yet. Oh by the way, I would like to thank Tom for all the great tips and the useful info he has provided everyone on some of the other posts. I took his advice and ordered a bunch of paddle tails. Maybe tomorrow I will find out how good they are. Up until now I have always used mini or maxi tubes and have had a lot of success with these and only these. They come in so many different colors and combinations of colors. It seems like red/white never fails me though. Goodluck fishing.