Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cove

Best pocket camera for recording the catch

7 posts in this topic

I am in market for a small camera to replace my Olympus Stylus Epic which weights 4.8 oz and is "all-weather". Giving it to my daughter.
I need the scoop on the best replacement.
Got to be small, weather resistant and not a battery hog (like my Kodak EasySHare digital). I am thinking probably another 35mm would do it.

my choice is the kodak waterproof camera. they float,not very spendy and durable. keep the lens from scratching and they do take nice pitcures. the down fall, no flash.

I always carry a disposable in a ziploc when I'm in the field or on the water. Always work well, small, light, and with stuff being easy to lose in the outdoors they are cheap.

pj4, thanks for the Kodak floatable idea. I once leaned over the stearn to tilt a little outboard and my Cannon A-1 rolled out of my backpack into the drink. Cost a bundle to fix.

Lunker, I have never thought of the disposable but if they take good standard pictures they are small enough and yes, less risk in an inherently risky environment.

I also like the Dodak, either waterproof or reg. Good pictures and dont need to worry about droping it in the drink.

I always have my disposable camera in my hunting or fishing gear. I too put it in a ziploc bag. I carrie last one around for over a year before I finally finished the roll and had it developed. I am very satisfied with the quality of the pictures and I usually buy them on sale for around 5 bucks. I used to have some that only had 12 pictures on them, but can't seem to find them anymore. My new one has 27, but I suppose I could develop it sooner if I wanted too since I believe you only pay for the pictures that develop. Maybe I just need to take more pictures!!