• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What Electronics

DickUrban

Question

8 answers to this question

I have always had good luck with Eagle/Lowrance. They have a great line of products and services. For a GPS/Fish finder combo, Lowrance has a new M56m S/Map, that runs for about $299. If your looking for just a fishfinder, the Lowrance X47EX Wide Screen has the best bang for the buck right now at $149. Hope this helps a bit.

I got the LMS-320 by lowrance last year. It has both gps and sonar and you can use both in split screen.
The reason I got this unit was that I could use the lakemaster chip for Mille Lacs and now you have ProMap chips for 3 foot depth increments for many lakes that are available. If they have a map available for the lakes you regularly fish I would consider this unit which is about $600 or less.

My PERSONAL opinion, I wouldn't use Lowrance. I wont go into the details; but take a look at Raymarine (Raytheon) products. They are technolically ahead of the competition in my opinion with a very good heads up service dept.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com