• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What did you purchase this year?

Fish Head

aqua-vu dt

a mo-pod for the cam

vex fl-8

1 st croix med ice combo

2 guide series med graphite ice rods

2 guide series ultralight ice rods

a cute little tiny pinnacle deadbolt ice reel

a pair of the jrs tackle ice reels

some rocky ice stalkers with retractable cleats.

2 new fenwick hmx 6' rods

a phlueger trion

a soft side tackle bag.

lakemaster pro map software.

hmm no wonder my wife gets moody...

Oh well I cant hear her from the lake tongue.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my new Midwest Rod in the mail. Great Rod! 6'3" medium with a fast tip and sensive handle. Those eyes dont stand a chance with me jigging this bad boy! Light and very sensitive. The sensive handle seems to really put a lot more feel into your hand. I cant wait to play with it more.

I put a Okuma TP15 (also from Bill at Midwest Rod and reel) on this rod and I think its going to be a good combo as far as balance and total weight. Ill be able to jig all day with this combo with little fatigue Im sure.

www.midwestrodandreel.com

I got away with not spending too much this year. Just some terminal tackle, line and spinners. Although, I will probably be buying St. Croix Avid (6'6" MF) this weekend for my own b-day present. I plan to try using more crankbait presentations this year but have I need from the Rapala/Lund promo a couple years ago, although after a buddy caught a piggy in Pool 4 a few weeks ago, I'll need to get a X-Rap or ten . . .

Aqua-view/mo-pod good investment too. Just they attract alot of predator fish like huge northerns and muskies, kinda sucks when your chasing pannys. Lol not much good on suspended fish either but great at getting a better understanding of the structure your fishing and why these fish do what they do. Also great at seeing what a back of a pike or skis throat looks like to lol grin.gif

What I've bought... Nothing. frown.gif

What I want...

- LMS332C for the bow & transom

- Navionics chip for it

- rod holders

- hand rails for the holders

- Co Pilot

- Spare tire for the new boat trailer

- drift sock

- Yamaha T8

- underwater camera

- new eCollar for the pheasant hound

- replacement for my 3 & 5 woods

I'm sure I could think up more but I'll stop there. grin.gif

My b-day is coming soon so I'm sure I'll knock a couple off the list. grin.gif

I bought a used 16' Crestliner (my first boat) with a 25' Johnson. It came with a trolling motor and depth finder. I bought a sheet of plywood and put new seats in it. Other than that, I bought a new Shimano reel, net, battery, and tackle.

It was a time for a serious upgrade for the 14' Northwood that had served me well but was too small for some of my favorite lakes. So, as of Friday, the following was delivered:

New Crestliner 1650 Sport Angler w/ Yamaha 75 Hp 4S

MinnKota 55 PD/AP/ w/Universal Transducer

Hummingbird Matrix 27

Also:

St Croix Premier PS66MHF2

Shimano Symetre 2500FI

Tourney Trail TIMC663-2

Shimano Coriolis CD-100-E

(To replace the two rods resting on

bottom of Ottertail Lake).

Some more crankbaits (You can't have too many).

Now all we need is some warm weather so I can get the

break-in done without freezing to death.

The short answer would be "all that I can afford."

-7'0" St. Croix ML (was gonna hold out for the Avid series but Gander pretty much paid me to take a Premier off their hands)

-another set of offshore trolling boards

-waaaayyy too much tackle to fit in my boxes

-more boxes to justify overspending on lures

-i'm nearly done converting my 14' lund into a much more modern and practical craft and have invested a lot of time and money on that...well, for a 20 year old college student

-line, I re-spooled 16 reels with about 8 different types of line

-gps

-waterproof stereo (aka-jambox)

-gas...c'mon, that's getting to be a big purchase

Spent a lot of money last fall and this spring, here goes.

1. Purcahsed a cabin on Lake Vermilion.

2. Needed a bigger boat for bigger water, purchased a 2004 18' Crestliner Serenity, with 150 Yamaha, 4 stroke. Kept my old boat, 16' Lund, with 40hp Johnson, tiller, for those nice days when, the water is flat.

3. A lot of money into the cabin for updating the plumbing, and bathroom over haul.

4. Gasoline for trips to the lake from Mpls. during April.

5. Still have to outfit the new boat, that will have to wait until later in the summer. I would like to see what I really need prior to buying something I would not be happy with.

6. Boat lift for the new boat.

It appears that I will be working longer than I had anticipated. I believe it will be worth it in the long run. We really need some warm weather, so that we can enjoy the renovation of the cabin. I have waited a long time for this cabin venture to develop. My plans are to ultimately build a year round home and retire to the lake.

Good Fishing and may all your dreams come true;

Darrell Larson.

SemperFi, Man you got it going ! Be good info to see how you like that boat as a guy I work with just bought one also! He says "so far, so good" but he had some problems with the tach and the trim gauges.

2004 1700 Lund Explorer w/ 70 HP Yamaha Tiller

2005 Chevrolet Z71 Crew Cab

2004 Olds Alero GLS for the wife

Lowrance x 51

(5) Quantum hypercast reels

(4) Guide Series Rods

$375 in jigs, terminal tackle, and bobbers

Minnkota 55lb Maxxum trolling motor

Spare Plug for the boat grin.gif